- When my kid performed for a local women’s group, it wasn’t too scary, because she played with her cousins, and performed for her aunt, her great-aunt, her aunt’s mother, and an old family friend, among others.
- Upon arriving at the movie theater with her cousin, she ran into another cousin.
- After getting to know someone who is a friend of her cousin’s, she found out the girl is ALSO a cousin of hers.
- Dropping off her car the night before at the local garage is not risky – everyone does it. And her aunt works in the office.
- Everyone my daughter meets has some connection to our family. Somehow or other.
- Everyone is family in a small town.