This was new information for me – apparently we’ve been having International Women’s Day for a few years now. Huh.
I cranked up Stumbleupon and went looking for something interesting I might write about under the topic of “women’s issues”.
- Beautiful young woman draped over a car in a gown, her lips parted and pouty.
- Stain removal home remedies
- “Rockin’ natural hair” for African-American women
- Photos of women in skimpy outfits, titled “Rad Babes”
- “What’s Going On in a Woman’s Mind?”
- “Exclusive – Women and Wealth – Taking the Pulse”
- several hits that were either vulgar or had to do with body parts and pelvic exams…
Is it me, or does it seem like some guys in a room with beer felt these should be listed in “Women’s Issues”?
I take issue with these “issues”. I don’t need a “Women’s Day”. I need to treat myself with dignity so others will have no choice but to follow suit. Which leaves out draping myself over a car and pouting. There’s no way I can pull that off and save any of my dignity. Seriously.